Each year, CNET, in partnership with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), produces the Best of CES awards at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The CNET editorial team recognizes the best new products at the show with awards in nine categories, an overall Best of Show award, and the People's Voice award that's selected by the CNET online audience.
CNET editors will name the Best of CES award finalists and winners based on the following:
- Product must be new, in that it will not be released before December 1, 2009. Prototypes, reference designs, or products that represent a proof of concept will not be considered.
- Product must be on exhibit at the current year International CES.
- Product demonstrates its potential to:
- Pioneer a new category, establish an emerging category, or take an existing category to a new level.
- Excite people with its style, innovation, usefulness, ease of use, or capability to entertain.
- Endow its owner with a certain cachet, the "cool" factor.
- Make its way into everyday life.
(from Best of CES Awards Site, cnet.com)